The BCM2051 802.11b zero IF Radio is an integrated transceiver device that has been optimized for use in 2.4-GHz 802.11b wireless systems. It has been designed to provide low-power, low-cost, and robust communications for applications operating in the globally available 2.4-GHz unlicensed ISM band. It is fully compliant with the 802.11b specification and meets or exceeds the requirements where appropriate to provide the highest communication link quality of service.
• Zero IF, single-chip direct conversion radio integrates complete 802.11b RF and IF.
• Fully integrated VCO minimizes external component count and reduces overall BOM cost.
• Single 2.7V to 3.3V voltage supply.
• Operation over extended temperature range provides robust radio performance in integrated laptop and embedded designs.
• Highly linear receive path ensures robust, interference free operation.
• Exceptional adjacent channel and out-of-band blocking mitigates the effects of other wireless LAN, Bluetooth, and microwave oven effects.