3.3V/5V/12V Outputs High-Effi ciency Switching Regulators with LM78XX Pinouts
DATEL’s 7805SR (5V output), 7812SR (12V output) and 7803SR (3.3V output) step-down switching regulators are modern drop-in replacements for older, ineffi cient, LM7805 and LM7812 linear regulators. The 78XXSRs are pin- and sizecompatible with industry-standard TO-220 SIP packages. A 260kHz switching frequency provides for effi ciencies as high as 95%. Full-load (up to 0.5A) operation from 9V, 12V, 24V, or 36V supplies at ambient temperatures up to +70°C requires no heat sinks, no temperature derating, no forced-air cooling, and no external capacitors.
• 3.3V/0.5A, 5V/0.5A or 12V/0.4A outputs; Pin and size-compatible
with LM7805 & LM7812 regulators
• Up to 95% efficiency – no heat sinks or thermal derating required!
• Two SIP-packages fit existing TO-220 footprints:
Vertical-pin models occupy less than 0.1 square in.
Optional horizontal pins provide 0.350 in. installed height
• +7.5-36Vdc operating input range; Low 3mA quiescent current
• Built-in filter capacitors – no external components required
• –40 to +70°C operation at full load; Short-circuit protection
• Excellent load (±0.2%) and line (±0.3%) regulation
• Ideal for powering instrumentation from 9V/12V/24V/28V
supplies or batteries
• Can be used with unregulated dc supplies